The new Montblanc Meisterstück Around The World in 80 Days collection brings to life the fantastical story of adventurer Phileas Fogg in stunning Le Grande & Classique, Doué and Solitaire editions. The Solitaire Le Grand deluxe version is embellished with an exclusive silver wave pattern.
Fascinated by the evolving transport possibilities of the Victorian era, author Jules Verne wrote the novel Around the World in Eighty Days in 1872. In the novel, Phileas Fogg bets his entire fortune that he can depart from London by train at 8.45 pm on 2 October, travel the world via Suez, Bombay, Hong Kong, Yokohama, San Francisco, New York, and arrive back in London on 21 December, 80 days after his departure. Jumping from steamers to trains – and at one point, an elephant – Fogg proves that almost anything is possible when one’s mind is set on something.
The pens feature elegant design elements inspired by the themes of the classic adventure.
- The indigo blue and the wave pattern of the editions is inspired by the ocean journey from the Suez Canal to Bombay.
- The steamboat, the main means of transport for the characters in the first leg of their journey, is laser engraved on the cap of each edition.
- As a token of the card game during which Fogg makes his wager, the clip is decorated with the ace of spades in black lacquer, while the other card suits are discretely incorporated into the wave pattern on the cap of each edition.
- The 18 days required to complete the first leg of the trip (two days faster than planned) can be found engraved on the back of the cap top, and the 80 days allotted for the entire journey on the front.
- Symbol of excellence in craftsmanship and design, the Montblanc emblem in resin crowns each writing instrument.
The Montblanc Meisterstück Classique is slimmer and slightly smaller than the Meisterstück Le Grand collection.
Montblanc is since 1908 a leader in the world of luxury. It is a symbol of quality, reliability and status. Many already havewritten with a Montblanc. All Montblanc products manufactured in Germany are of such quality that they may bear the familiar logo . Besides writing instruments, Montblanc also makes leather goods. Montblanc offers its products in a 2-year warranty.
Appelboom is authorized dealer of Montblanc.